Monday, April 27, 2009

Fun Weekend!

What a busy weekend we had. Friday evening when I got home from my weekly trip to lovely Wal-Mart I found David & Courtlyn in the front yard swinging. So after we all unloaded the groceries we went back outside to enjoy the beautiful weather and a really pretty sunset.



Saturday morning David turkey hunted while Courtlyn and I slept in and bummed around the house waiting on him to finish. Once he got home we took turns getting ready so we could head to Lexington to eat and get Courtlyn some new shoes for summer which she was excited about. Of course she’s always excited when we go shopping for her. :) So David was ready and while I was getting ready he was entertaining Courtlyn and when I came into the living room this was what I found…

These two crack me up! I asked them what in the world they were doing and David said he was trying to get her to take a nap. I don’t understand what part of stickers and a Belk's sale catalog entail nap-taking, but it was a cute sight to see nonetheless. :)
We got Courtlyn ready after all of the stickers were removed and she was in all of her cuteness with some old sunglasses that used to be Mommy's.


Once we got to Lexington we ate at Ruby Tuesday and managed to get there before it got too crowded which was nice. Of course Courtlyn enjoyed her favorite fruit before our food came....lemons!


After we ate & shopped we when to Graeter's for ice cream and to try out the neat little contraption I got at Babies-R-Us to hold an ice cream cone for Courtlyn. It's too neat! It's called a Dripstick. I think it was $5.00 and well worth it. She only managed to get a little messy with her first ice cream cone. The only complaint I have is that the end for ice cream cone has a cup to catch the melted ice cream and I had to empty it a couple of times because it wasn't deep enough, but other than that if you have small children you must get one of these. The other end holds popsicles.
A cute story from Graeter's. While we were in line waiting for our ice cream cones some local prom goers came in for an after dinner treat. Well, little Courtlyn had never seen anyone so dressed up in a public place like that before except for the wedding she was in last year. So when she saw them she immediately screamed, awwww princesses!!!!!!!!!!!! It was too cute! Everyone in the store heard her and of course thought it was cute as well. I honestly think she thought that Cinderella & Belle were getting ice cream at Graeter's. Too funny! Imagine what she will do when we go to Disney World?! I can't wait!!!!

Sunday we went to church and then after church we went to Lowe's to get flowers to plant on the front porch. Courtlyn was really excited about this because it was something we could do "togever" that is together for those who don't speak toddler. :) After we planted flowers we couldn't go inside until she did some swinging. So we did that. We had lunch and then had a short nap before heading back to church.





All in all we had a great, fun weekend, especially with the wonderful weather. I just hope the weather is nice this weekend for the Oaks & Derby races in Louisville. I can't wait to see all of the ladies in their pretty hats and watch some great horse racing. Until next time...

1 comment:

Tera said...

Cute pictures! When Braylee saw the ice cream thing, she said, "How cool is that?!" lol. My girls think the prom kids are princesses too!