Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Derby Weekend

Well, we didn't get to go to the Derby last weekend in Louisville, but we vegged in front of the TV all day Saturday watching the festivities from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. and had a blast doing it. I say we vegged, but I did manage to clean a little bit and get some laundry done while the commercials were on since they played the same 4 commercials ALL DAY LONG! I should remember them my heart right now, but I think I just blocked them out after the third time I saw them. Although I do remember the Pepsi commercial because Courtlyn and I would bob our heads to it when it would come on. :)

I snapped some pictures of Courtlyn modeling a couple of my Derby hats from work I had tucked back in my closet. She loved trying them on and pretending she was at the Derby. :) Maybe one of these days we will make it up there for the big race!

I love how she is totally rocking the second hat. She cracks us up! Of course the pink one was her favorite.
Honestly that was all that we did this weekend besides going to church Sunday. We had a really quiet weekend which was so nice. It rained all weekend and is still raining which is totally messing with my allergies and sinuses, but hey that's spring in Kentucky! We'll be complaining in July that we need rain so bad and wishing we had these days so I guess I shouldn't complain.

1 comment:

Tera said...

Love the hats! Adorable! I told Alex about how you guys had Derby parties at the bank...sounds like so much fun. Can't wait to see you guys on Saturday!