Thursday, October 2, 2008

Courtlyn's 2nd Birthday Party!!!

**I have to preface this entire post by saying I had everything done by the 09/30/08, but the photo slideshow. It has taken me exactly 1 week to figure out how to post a slideshow within a blog. I'm still not exactly sure how I did it, but it is done and that's all that matters at this point! :) Hope you enjoy all my hard work!**

Well, I'm officially a mother to a 2 year old now. It's really hard to believe! Saturday, September 27th, we celebrated Courtlyn's big day with her grandparents--all 8 of them!!!! Everything went great and Courtlyn racked up on the gifts. She got so many that I believe she was a bit overwhelmed with it everything and just wanted to play with them instead of open more. (Lesson learned for next year!)

The day started off busy for me as I had to go to Lexington to pick up Courtlyn's cake at Caramanda's Bakery (
http://www.caramandas.com/), which might I say was fabuluous!!!! This was the first time trying them and they were definitely a big hit! Although, anything is a big hit at my house when Abby Cadabby's face is plastered on it. :)

After I picked up the cake I had to swing by Party City in Hamburg to get Courtlyn's special Abby Cadabby balloon and 8 pink & purple balloons. Of course, those were a big hit with her too. I believe if that's all we would have gotten her she would have been completely satisfied...and we would have saved a lot of money!

After a fast trip back from Lexington I had a wedding shower to attend and I still had not got everything prepared for the party, but I wasn't sweating it because I knew everything would work itself out and if it didn't....oh well! I made it home 15 minutes before people started showing up. Talk about making it home under the wire!

Once everyone arrived Courtlyn didn't know what to do with herself. She loves commotion, but with all of the presents and balloons everywhere I think she was a bit of a Nervous Nelly. Oh, and I almost forgot the funniest part...I got her a new shirt to wear for her birthday that was "silky". It was the first "silky" shirt she had ever worn. It was cute because she kept walking around telling everyone she had on a new shirt, but the funny part was that she kept rubbing her belly all night long. Apparently she liked the feel of the silkiness. It was the cutest thing ever! Between being nervous and the shirt we couldn't stop laughing at her. Bless her heart!

Like I said earlier Courtlyn racked up on the presents. She got some much needed fall clothes, her first Vera Bradley purse, a cross necklace, a Little Tykes kitchen with all of the accessories, a motorized John Deere tractor with a wagon (she's obsessed with tractors), a tree swing, My Little Pony, a shopping cart, a tea set, books, tricycle & helmet, gift cards to Gymboree and some more things I know I am forgetting.



After the gift opening we let her play a bit with everything and then mention the words BIRTHDAY CAKE! She made a bee-line to the kitchen since she knew Abby Cadabby was on her cake. So we put the cake in front her, lit the candles, sang Happy Birthday and let her go at it. Well, what did she do? Nothing....she played in the icing a little bit and wouldn't even take a bite of the cake. I have to admit I was a bit proud of my healthy eater! :) She did ask for some ice cream though. I scooped out all 3 flavors and she only wanted vanilla and just a couple bites at that. I don't have a clue where she gets this healthy eating stuff because if anyone knows me they know I LOVE anything sweet. I am not complaning though.

Once everyone finished their cake & ice cream several of us headed outside so that Courtlyn could try out her new tricycle and tractor. Well, guess what comes riding up the road.....HORSES!!!!! As soon as Courtlyn heard the clicking of their horseshoes on the blacktop she said in her sweet little voice, what's that?! We said, it's horses Courtlyn, do you want to go look? Of course she said yes and she was running toward the road. There were 5 or 6 of them riding and they graciously stopped for us. I mentioned that it was Courtlyn's birthday and 1 very nice gentleman got off and offered Courtlyn her very first horse ride. She was all game, never hesitated one bit. I was lucky enough to have my camera right there and got it on video too. She was in heaven. The horse's name was Miss Attie, short for Miss Attitude which is perfect for Courtlyn. :) She went for a short ride in our front yard and the man told us to come by anytime to let her ride since he just lives right up the road from us. I thought that was very nice. When she got off the horse she told the man thank you and that was fun. How sweet is she?!?



When they rode on down the road she just stood there in the yard watching them until she couldn't see them anymore. She was completely and totally amazed by the horses. David said well looks like we'll be buying a horse for Christmas. I laughed and said no, no, no that man said we could come down any time and ride.....and that's free! :)

All in all, Courtlyn had a great birthday! It was a lot of hard work getting everything together, but it was all worth it in the end.

No comments: