Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cookout, hayride & bonfire

This past Saturday we headed out to Bebe & Brian's for a cookout, hayride and bonfire on their farm. Courtlyn had been looking forward to this because we had been talking it up all day. Of course, she had no idea what a hayride or bonfire was, but she was so excited to go see Bebe & Brian and ride on the tractor!

When we got there Courtlyn had her first hot dog and she liked it pretty well. She ate half of it and I was pretty much a nervous wreck the entire time. :) Even though I cut it in half and then quartered it and fed it to her, I was still scared to death of her choking on it. I guess it's that first time parent, overprotective thing kicking in, but I can't help it. Hot dogs and kids scare the daylights out of me. They always have! When I see a child eating a hot dog I intently watch them to make sure they are not choking no matter where we are. I guess I'm just weird like that. Anyway, I digress!

So once we finished eating we went on our first of two hayrides for the night. Courtlyn was so excited when she saw everyone climbing on the wagon even though she still didn't know what to expect. Here she is right before the tractor took off holding on pretty tight to Daddy's leg.


Here she is about halfway through the ride and she is liking it!



After the hayride she just had to "drive" the tractor. So of course, we let her. ;)



Here she is checking back making sure everything is ok.


"Driving" again


Is this our cousin?


I'm not so sure about him????


Getting ready to throw in her first fish with help from Phil


First time fishing with Aunt Rene & Nana


Fishing off the dock with Aunt Rene


Daddy, Courtlyn & Mommy going on our second hayride


Screaming with the other kids on the hayride


Admiring her first bonfire


Courtlyn & Papaw Joe all snuggled up by the fire

Mommy, Courtlyn & Daddy enjoying the fire



There were smores to enjoy, but Courtlyn just devoured the graham crackers instead. Somehow she managed to get a package home with her. :) Thanks to Bebe & Brian we were also able to take home 3 pumpkins to remember the night by. Fun was had by all, and we can't wait for next year!

2 comments:

Tera said...

Looks like you all had a fun day! Love Courtlyn's outfit!

Heather said...

Looks like so much fun! Wish we had something like that close by! I love the face she's making standing next to the scarecrow! lol!