Monday, November 10, 2008

So this weekend wasn't as exciting as last weekend, but it was still crammed full of things to do and looks like it will be until Christmas gets here. :)


Saturday Courtlyn & I went shopping in Lexington so that we could use the Gymboree coupon I had and of course accumulate some ever precious Gymbucks (WOOHOO!!) while Daddy went deer hunting. I ended up at both Gymborees in Lexington by the end of the day and they both were madhouses, but we had fun, got some cute clothes and that's all that matters.


Sunday we went to Jonah & Sebastian's 3rd birthday party. There were so many people there and they got so many gifts. I didn't take any pictures though. :( After the party was over we took all of the balloons outside and released them for their mom, Mary Lee. That was the sad part of the day. It seems like just yesterday she was here and now she's not. It's so sad that those 4 precious children have to grow up without their mother, but that's what life has dealt them and we have to help them to grow up and remember the good times that they had with her mom while she was here. Once we left the party my MIL and I cried most of the way home and Courtlyn cried, but she wanted to hear Capri by Colbi Calliat (which she calls the baby song--we have to listen to it every time we're in the car) and it was in my car and we were in my MIL's car. LOL That kind of lightened up the mood, but only just a little bit. By the time we got home I had a migraine and couldn't stop thinking of Mary Lee and everything that happened with her. I just have to keep remembering this was God's plan even though I don't understand it. That does help....


Let me end on a brighter note by sharing a couple cute pictures of Courtlyn I took this weekend.





1 comment:

Tera said...

Amy- I used my coupon online Thursday and was so tempted to go for my 3rd gymbuck, but I contained myself and only earned 2. ;) We're leaving on Saturday for vacation, so I'm really hoping their new clothes arrive in the mail before then. Courtlyn looked adorable in her flower girl dress and in her butterfly costume.